HEADLINES

Change Your Clocks, Change Your Batteries

Posted on: 11/03/2018 00:00

As residents prepare to change their clocks on Sunday, November 4, for daylight saving time, the Los Angeles County Fire Department reminds everyone to change the batteries in every smoke and carbon monoxide detector in their homes.

When properly installed, working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors can mean the difference between life and death.

“A working smoke detector in your home greatly increases your chances of survival during a fire,” says Fire Captain Tony Imbrenda.  “The device can alert sleeping family members and provide them with critical seconds to escape.” 

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal; symptoms include severe headache, dizziness, mental confusion, nausea, and fainting.

California law requires the installation of carbon monoxide detectors outside of each sleeping area in a home.  For maximum protection against carbon monoxide gas, the Los Angeles County Fire Department also recommends installing a carbon monoxide detector inside each bedroom.


Comments:

No Comments For this Article

Share Your Thoughts

Name :
Email :
Comment :
Enter the code in the box below :
Not readable? Change text.